Office Communicator displays the following warning to users:
some calls to and from people outside of your corporate network may not connect due to server connectivity problems. Try Signing out and signing back in. If this problem continues, contact your system administrator with this information.
This is most often because of faulty configuration of the Front-end and Access Edge server.
Verify the listening ports of the Access Edge server and the Front End server that they match.
Verify connection on the specified port (do a telnet on the A/V port)
Let me know if you have any probles (post comments below)
I have seen this error many times out there. Its to do with the Mediation server that is unable to contact the A/V Authentication server on the OCS Access Edge server. There are many reasons for this, there being a lot of places to set the references for Mediation, FE and Access Edge server.
Heres some places to look:
- Verify that alle Mediation servers are added to the Access Edge servers “verified” internal servers list
- Verify that alle Front End servers are added to the Access Edge servers “verified” internal servers list
- Verify that the A/V Authentication server is configured on the Mediation Server (and pointing to the Access Edge server holding this service)
- Verify firewall configuration by telnet to the A/V aut. port from the Mediation Server
- Verify that the Access Edge server is configured on the Mediation Server and Front End Server
Please continue to comment
For OCS 2007 R2 problems, also refer to this post: